Norway-Troms DayZ Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Follando A Mi Suegra Borracha Cuando Duerme
by chaskflab Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:06 am

by chaskflab Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:59 am

by chaskflab Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:48 pm

by chaskflab Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:35 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Server is closed

3 posters

Go down

Server is closed Empty Server is closed

Post  king2k Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:17 pm

This is it guys. Sorry to announce it but due to a short power outage today the server pc wont start anymore. Whatever happened and what broke I'll just let it be. The server itself had an athlon x2 cpu and 4GB ram. It had by far outlived its days as a computer before I revived it again into dayz server.

It all started late august 2012(dont remember anymore the exact date). I wanted to try and run my own dayz server. The intention back then was to play around with arma 2's features/scripting and that it would only be online for that weekend. A couple of my friends could join in for a private session together. But then something strange happened that I hadn't forseen. People started to join. And day by day new players joined in. After just a short time there were players that logged in on a daily basis. So I kept the server running.

Not soon after it became clear that I needed proper admin tools, so I started to develop different methods to have an overview of what was going on in Chernarus. Custom php script and pages was created to keep track of player movement/history. All was nicely placed on a map that I could at anytime look into. Further I had to learn all about battleye filters etc. To get a good running and managed server takes time and effort.

With dayz there is hackers. The battleye script bypassers out there gave me as an admin no chance of catching them. So after alot of research on the matter and looking at dozen hacking scripts I was ready to fix my own antihack "protection". this was done by running a script on the client that monitored for known hacks. I based the code on some antihack I found but was in the end heavily modified. all in all alot coffe and late nights went into it. But it gave results. I could see when the most common scripts was executed as the client reported it back to the server. I even made it so it will display it online for all to see that this player was cheating.

Even so with all my effort put into the admin tools etc still hacking became part of an all most daily struggle and at times I have been close to just giving up and shut down.

Later I added spectating feature etc ingame and also made a few "honey pots" for the ESP players out there. Some players had to bite the dust and were banned. Unfortunately it was too time consuming to spectate and lay out traps so in the end alot of players I assume had ESP without anybody knowing.

All in all it has been fun to maintain the server and see a community grow around it. With all the arma 2/dayz experience gained from running the server I have also been able to help out other admins at tunngle.net/opendayz.net etc.

I guess the only thing to do now is to wait for the dayz standalone. It will be a new start for everyone and Im looking forward to that.

yeah, and one last thing: dont fell into the trap and buy warz. I bought it and have tested it. Really tried to play it more than 15 minutes. But it just didn't feel right. It's just boring and I will be so bold and say that the game is trash!

Anyway, I wish you all a merry christmas santa

Last edited by king2k on Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

king2k

Back to top Go down

Server is closed Empty Re: Server is closed

Post  Richard MH Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:06 pm

Hi there King Razz Well this have been the best server ever to play at, due to ur admin skills from scripting and customizing the server Razz

I hope u will some day put out a new server of same sort, but i do understand that being an admin sure takes up alot of time, and it can be hard.

And if u do, i am sure that i will come join the server then Smile Guess many will come Razz

If u dont make a new server, i will miss ur admin skills Razz

Have a merry X-mas and a happy new year King Razz

Richard MH

Back to top Go down

Post  Oddi Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:05 pm

Hi there King2k!

I must say that, by far youre the most awesome Admin that i have encounterd!

And for that same reason i want to get Troms server back on its feet and you as a captain! Wink
In that sense i want to suggest a thing.

What if we, as players donated a sum for the server?

Or send you parts to get a server up and runnin? All the people i've met on the Troms server, many of them i met on different server. we all say the same things...all other than the Troms server sucks! BAD! even its an old computer with it's minor clitches, we all still enjoyed it.

And if you feel its time consumeing to handle all the admin requests ect. Train up a couple more admins who can help you with the workload. Players of Troms is ready.

Oddi

Back to top Go down

Post  king2k Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:33 am

Even in the darkest hour, when all hope seems lost...there is light

king2k

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down