Norway-Troms DayZ Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Follando A Mi Suegra Borracha Cuando Duerme
by chaskflab Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:06 am

by chaskflab Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:59 am

by chaskflab Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:48 pm

by chaskflab Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:35 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Offencive talking in sidechat

4 posters

Go down

Offencive talking in sidechat Empty Offencive talking in sidechat

Post  T-bear Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:30 pm

I logged on Dayz Troms and Generaly was asking where everybody is? and i said no wonder you are lonely, it is after all a Zombie Apocalypse. He started joking around and asked if it is as lonely as Utøya? (as a Norwegian i find that very offensive and very annoying). I asked him too stop because i thought it was annoying and he started joking more about it and asked if he should joke about hitler instead.

I told him to shut up, (i was getting very pissed at that point) and he called me a racist and so on. I told him i would report the matter as offensive and he rambled on... and here i am writing this report.

And i think that Utøya is a really sensetive norwegian matter and he is being disrespectful and rude and joking with it. (Especially when he is told to stop it)

I wish too add he has done the same things before and that is why it pisses me off so much.... I Think he should be banned a time so he can think about what he is saying.

T-bear

Back to top Go down

Offencive talking in sidechat Empty Re: Offencive talking in sidechat

Post  Generaly Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:50 pm

First of, I think you should stop lying.
This is what happend:
Generaly: Where is everyone?
Generaly: Feeling so lonely! Sad
T-Bear: you should feel lonely
Generaly: It's lonely at utöya.

That's the only thing I wrote about that, I understand if you get affended and if so I'm sorry.
But just tell me that you got offended and I'l stop, instead you started write in capslock and disrespected me, I understand that you got mad, but just tell me instead of infending me and the swedish people, like I've seen you do before. I'm sorry if I offended you but tell me in a mature way instead of starting screaming about swedish "jokes" and telling me I'm a bad person and so on.

(( Why I asked if I should joke about Hitler was to see if you tough it was acceptible to joke about some other countrys lost, not to acually make jokes about it. Sense there is alot of racist jokes and so on, not very offensive ones but still, and that seems to be no problem. ))

My father is from norway so don't start with I'm dissrespectfull just because I'm swedish.

Once again, I'm sorry if I hurt anyone but please bring it to me in a mature way. And if your going to report someone for beeing dissrespectfull, it would help if your not beeing that yourself..

Regards, Generaly.

Generaly

Back to top Go down

Post  vidarro Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:06 pm

I agree with you T-bear that Utøya is not to be joked about.

Mourning period is of course individual, but its a known fact that it can take up to three years to process loss of your loved ones.

Clearly its too early to make fun of a serious matter as Utøya is.

That being said, i dont know how your conversation startet, developed, and ended. The server admin can see that in the logs.

I see now that Generaly apologizes, and i think we should give him credit for that, and let this matter be.

No need for a ban at the moment is my opinion, but i understand your reaction T-Bear.

And that being said, its up to king2k if he thinks a reaction is needed, or this is going to pass with a warning. This can also be a reminder to us all, that Utøya is not to be joked about, and rasism is not ok.

Norwegians and Swedes have shared the same jokes about eachother for decades, i think that some joking about eachother as neighbours is ok, and not considered racism.

Vidarro.

vidarro

Back to top Go down

Post  Generaly Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:18 pm

I understand that I might hurt someone and the only thing I can do is to apologizes and stop making jokes like that.
I agree with Vidarro about the facts that we ( Nor/Swe ) make fun about eachother, but we ( The Swedes ) will have to respect the loss of family members and friend, and respect the fact that this was a terrible thing that happend in Norway and is nothing to joke about.
I understand that he made a report, ofcourse it was idiotic by me to joke about something like this.

Once again, my regards. Generaly

Generaly

Back to top Go down

Post  T-bear Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:37 pm

The thing is, Generaly has done this before, 2 times atleast. And everytime i told him to stop, but he kept going. This time i had enough.. i have told him before, and the thing is the only reason he used Utøya as a joke now was because he knows it offense me and i get really mad.
Thank you for the apologie but i feel since you did not do anything to regret your action in the sidechat when i told you i would write a report this "Im sorry" note seems a bit empty too me.

If you wanna know, 2 people i know died at Utøya and 2 people i know survived it...

I gave you a chance to say im sorry in sidechat but you kept fueling the fire....

PS. I was disrespectful after 5 minutes of arguing and telling you that its offensive and all i got was Should i tell hitler jokes instead? Then i told you to shut up with your "swedish" jokes and i replied to you afterwards that you are a bad person not the swedish....

And you are saying i should bring it to you in a mature matter? i was mature and polite and said if you continued i would report this matter.

This is what happend:
Generaly: Where is everyone?
Generaly: Feeling so lonely! Sad
T-Bear: you should feel lonely
Generaly: It's lonely at utöya.
T-bear : Because its a Zombie apocalypse, everyone is dead....
Generaly: Utøya

T-bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Generaly Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:29 pm

Could you please stop lie. I admit I said what I said this time, but never done that joke before.

Generaly

Back to top Go down

Post  T-bear Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:31 pm

Generaly wrote:Could you please stop lie. I admit I said what I said this time, but never done that joke before.
You are the one lying.....we have had a major discussion about this before... I remember it very clearly that i warned you that time too, but at the time all those rules and this forum was unknown too me

T-bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Generaly Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:40 pm

Make sure to know who your talking about, you can seach the whole chat log since I started here, and you wont see me write that anytime. Had a friend you had a conversation about that before, but I wasn't involved in it. Get your facts straight when you want to acuse someone for something they haven't done.

Generaly

Back to top Go down

Post  T-bear Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:53 pm

Generaly wrote:Make sure to know who your talking about, you can seach the whole chat log since I started here, and you wont see me write that anytime. Had a friend you had a conversation about that before, but I wasn't involved in it. Get your facts straight when you want to acuse someone for something they haven't done.
I had a argument with him and you bumped in.... so get your facts straight. I wont argue with you anymore, what happened happened and i am accusing you for what you did
Done.

T-bear

Back to top Go down

Post  king2k Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:17 pm

Im not gonna point any fingers and Im certainly not gonna plough through the chat logs just to find out who started what and when. Just remember that even though this is just a game, the players are real human beings and should be treated as such. You might not like each other, but some mutual respect is in order.

So, the bottom line is; do not intentionally write something on a public channel that you know will offend someone else, or else I have to slam the hammer down!

king2k

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum